Thursday, June 9, 2011

Components

The last part of May I purchased three tutorials from Marcie Abney's La Bella Joya Etsy shop.  I had been wanting to give these pendants a try but wanted to get my other projects done first.  So Tuesday night while I sat and listened to "The Voice" I got started on the first tutorial "Bead Woven Medallion".  I liked the way it turned out.
The gem stones are Carnelian. I added a second bail because I have an idea for a piece for which this medallion is going to be the focal. The final piece will be revealed on the 29th of this month for a blog hop challenge.

The second tutorial of Marcie's is the "Carnaval Pendant" although I think the piece I did is pretty, I must have pulled the thread to tight because it is wavy.
The piece is also very light, the next one I will use heavier gem stones. I also need to use a smaller beading needle and Fireline instead of Wildfire thread.  I broke two seed beads, but I was too far into the piece to start over and this is mine anyway.

Saturday I will be posting the Mid Month blog hop challenge that Jamberry's Song is sponsoring. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has created.

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

4 comments:

  1. I love your Bead Woven Medallion for the simplicity and the beautiful color combination...gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - BeadDeliriumJune 11, 2011 at 4:04 AM

    nice work on both pieces... really like the colors on the top one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really lovely! I guess I'm partial to yellows and oranges, because I really love the first one. Carnelian is such a gorgeous stone. :D You really did its beauty justice in that piece, and I can't wait to see what you do with it! The second piece is also lovely. It reminds me of a flower or sea anemone, so I don't mind the waviness of it. Nice work on both! Bead weaving is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow both are so beautiful. I really love the top ring :D.

    ReplyDelete