Thursday, June 30, 2011

Foot Bling June Blog Hop

I was so excited to be a part of this blog hop that I got right to work making Foot Bling.  They are simple but pretty, so without further ado here they are.

I knew I wanted to make a barefoot sandal but I had not made one before so here is my first attempt at making a barefoot sandal.  I had this one lonely glass butterfly and these glass pink and clear beads so I put them together and the above is the result.  That is my sister's foot and her own toe ring.

This is my second barefoot sandal I made this component with Carnelian 10 mm beads and Czech 3mm gold round crystals the seed beads are sizes 8 and 11 in brown and gold colors.  My sister fell in love with this one.

I had these pastel colored freshwater pearls from 4mm to 8mm so I paired them up with some 6mm sawrovski clear ab crystals and some silver plated 4mm beads to make this pretty anklet.


This was my first time making my own chain. I strung size 8 pink and clear seed beads onto 20 gauge silver wire and wire wrapped the Lucite flowers to the ends of each link.  My sister loved this one too.
And last I made three toe rings one I did a sweet little daisy with pink size 8 seed beads and a 3mm Czech crystal in the middle and the ring is in size 8 green seed beads.  I was playing around with some silver wire and copper wire and these two are the results of my play time.

Well there you have it, I hope you enjoyed viewing these as much as I enjoyed making them.
Be sure to check out the others that joined this blog hop

The Musings of Mystic Pesto
Sue Beads
Shellie G
Patricia Lynne
Nutkitten
Renata's Arts and Crafts

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

12 comments:

  1. This is really cool. A great way to adorn your feet. Never thought abut that. But again, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love barefoot sandals and it as my original plan to make some for the blog hop but as you've seen from some of my posts I've been busy and almost forgot to make anything! I love these by the way. :-) I love the second barefoot sandal for the colors and the first one because of the butterfly. I like the toe rings too, especially the copper one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty, I like all of them ,unic each one of them individually

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi therese, love your barefoot sandals (I had always called them foot thongs, but goes to show what I know, lol). I noticed that yours are made with stretch cord. I would like to use the stretch stuff but everytime I try, I cannot get two strands of stretch stuff through the seed beads even if I use a beading needle. What kind of stretch cord do you use. The barefoot sandal I made has spots where four strands go through seed beads so I know that definitely won't work with the stretch stuff I have. Can you give me some ideas on how it works for you? Thanks so much....Tracy aka nutkitten

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been so busy! Your new creations are perfect for summer! My favorite is the toe ring with the size 8 seed beads formed in to a flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, those are beautiful! And such a LOVELY foot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your comments Ladies.
    Tracy, I used Stretch Magic .5mm/.19in it will go through the size 8 several times but not to sure how many times it will go through a size 11. These foot adornments and an anklet I made for a friends baby was the first time that I've used stretch cord.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all very nice, I especially like the one made of Carnelian! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are gorgeous, I especially love the carnelian barefoot sandal.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so sexy! I think this is the first time I have seen a barefoot sandal thingy, and I love the idea! So seductive, I can imagine belly dancers wearing such . Hmm. I might have to make something like this, it's just too good of an idea not to:))

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great - and I love the disclaimer - that is my sisters foot LOL!!! Don't want any foot mistaken identity! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw your toe ring, out of habit I looked down at my foot and............MY TOE RING IS GONE! It is the first piece of jewelry 14k 4 diamonds that my boyfriend bought for me and until now had not been off of my foot (oops, toe, lol) in 6yrs (with the exception of one hosp stay). I am so very bummed!!!!

    ReplyDelete