Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Update on Family Reunion

My Mom and Sister got back from PA yesterday.  My Mom had several stories of how everyone is doing, you know the usual stuff after being at a reunion.  She told me that my jewelry was a big success and that the total amount made from the auction was $150.00.  I was amazed that they were able to raise that much on my pieces, but needless to say I'm very pleased.
My cousin Sharon purchased this set.

My cousin Nicole purchased this set.

The blue and clear crystal bracelet was purchased by my Aunt Linda, the necklace with the glass pendant was  purchased by my cousin Sarah, the green flat Cellini spiral bracelet was purchased by my Aunt Sandy, and the Carnelian bracelet was purchased by my cousin Sandra.

Every one was very pleased with their purchases, and it makes my heart happy to know that they are pleased.

Yesterday was also my Mom's 73rd birthday, so along with the final book in the "Clan of the Cave Bear" series I took her out to dinner.  I also invited my Son, Brother and his family to join us.  My brother's wife's Mother came also and to my surprise she was wearing the second piece of jewelry I had made back in September 2005, I remember the date because it was a birthday gift to her.  I love that piece,  I wish I had a picture of it because it looks just as good today as it did when I first made it.


Lastly I want to thank all of you that left comments about the I Heart Micro On the Job post I did.  I have been doing that job for 17 years and after that long you just don't see that stuff anymore it's just there.  I do scan the monitor several times in my 8 hour shift, but the cameras are recording 24-7 and can be played back if needed.  It's the alarm monitors that drive me crazy Monday - Friday during my shift 6am - 2pm.  The majority of the alarms are door alarm where the State employees are holding the door open for longer than the shunt time given on the door. I still pay close attention to the alarms coming through, because you never know when you may get a panic or a fire alarm.  My partner of the 17 years that I have been there retired the 1st of July which means I'm working my shift by myself all of the time now, it's not that bad most of the time it's slow, but every once in a while all hell breaks loose and that is when I could use another set of eyes and hands.  I don't get tired of being on the computer at home, it's noise I have a problem with, most of the time when I get home I don't even turn on the television I just want quite.  I love to get my beads out and start beading it is the best stress reliever I have found.  I get totally lost in beading. When I start it is day and before I know it the sun has set and it is dark.   

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear so much money was raised and I just love that first set. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! :-)
    It is the great satisfaction not only to make jewellery,but also to sell it,to make others happy.
    Very nice and interesting post!
    Big,big Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. what a great response to your items! but they are beautiful and worth it. Hard to pick, but i think the second set is my fave.

    ReplyDelete