Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lucite and Clay Blog Hop hosted by Lisa Lodge



Hi Y'all,

Way back in September of 2012 Lisa Lodge of Grateful Artist blog put out the call for those that wanted to participate in the Lucite and Clay blog hop.  All you had to do is sign up and tell Lisa which you would like to work with polymer clay components or Lucite components and for a small fee she sent us our packets.
I chose to work with polymer clay components and here is what Lisa sent to me:

The polymer clay bead is designed by Patricia Handschuh of The Color of Dreams.

The rules were simple you had to use the chosen component (clay or Lucite) in your design and all or as many of the added components as you liked.  In my design I used all of the beads except for the four pink petals.  So would you like to see what I created?  Huh what is that?  You said yes.  Well ok if you really want to see it here it is:

I decided to try my hand at free form peyote so here is my first free form peyote piece done with the pretty polymer clay bead and the Lucite flowers and Czech crystals.

I also added some pink shell beads I had in my stash along with some green round crystals in 6 and 4 mm sizes.  I used size 8 & 6 seed beads, size 4 cube beads, size 10 triangle beads to make the base free form.


Please go by and check out what the other participants did with their bead packet.

Isolina Perez, Isolina Perez
Jennifer Reno, Musings of a Crafty Jenny 
Tracy Stillman, Tracy Stillman Designs
Charlene Jacka, Clay Space
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz
Ashleigh Kleinhans Becker, Sela Designs Jewelry
Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs
Alice McCarthy, Northwoods Creative Studio
Rebecca Sirevaag, Becca's Place
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Kathy Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Annia Failde, AnniamAe

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese







20 comments:

  1. Dear Therese,
    I really love your piece. All in all very lovely components. And you absolutely did succeed in making a free form peyote. Wonderful mixture of greens and pinks. I do remember - these are YOUR colors. ;-)))
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Oh So Pretty Bracelet! And your first attempt at freeform is fantastic :-) Wow~I really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty bracelet! It has a lot of color and I love pink and green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bracelet! I am so glad you tried freeform peyote. Lisa's mixes are perfect for it and you creates such a stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that's your first attempt at freeform, it's awesome! I love all of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that's a really colorful bracelet. Love it, great work!
    Annia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Therese! Don't you just love it when a bead challenge takes you in a new direction? I love your freeform! You need to join us on fb over at Karen Williams new Freeform peyote group. You really picked awesome colors to create this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with the freeform! I love the colors. The art bead is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did, the free form peyote stitch is awesome. I need to learn how to do that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those beads are wonderful. Love the color. And your bracelet is gorgeous. I love what you did with it. Great job with your freeform peyote. I've never tried anything like that. But nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love your freeform peyote bracelet, and such lovely bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, spring is here! Look at all those colours and flowers: love them! Bright and happy - beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the ballet colors of pink & black -- and LOVE your bracelet! The free form peyote is wonderful, and your floral design is lovely! Exquisitely spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a nice spring bracelet- It turned out great:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Therese - this is awesome! I love freeform bead work and this is so pretty and springy - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Great job with the freeform peyote Therese - it looks like a wild spring garden. Love it! Absolutely makes me smile.

    How did you like working freeform?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You bead weavers blow me away. Beautiful piece. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bright colors - a beautiful bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the freeform! I won Karen's book, and I can't wait for it to arrive...I need help LOL!!

    ReplyDelete