Monday, May 26, 2014

CC7A May Challenge Seasons

Introducing: The Creative Continuum of Seven Artists ~ an adventure in art creating with friends :: All Pretty Things

Hi Y'all,

It is time for May's reveal for the CC7A and this month we are creating with the package Alicia sent to the other six in the group of seven.
  
Back in the latter months of 2013 Alicia Marinache of All the Pretty Things blog asked seven of her blog friends if we would like to participate in a challenge that would cover 7 months, of course we all said yes. So we were assigned months, we picked themes for our months, and shipped out packages with all sorts of little goodies to design with.

Here is a picture of what Alicia sent to me to create with...



Alicia sent me Rose Quartz in a cabochon and 8 mm round beads.  It took me a little while to think of what I was going to make with my set.  I did not want to do bead embroidery this time I have done that with every month's challenge so far.  So I used my newly learned, and still learning, skill wire wrapping. Also since Alicia is a wire wrapper too, it is a tribute to her far better skills as a wrapper.

I had seen on Pinterest wire wrapped Tree of Life with a cab in the background and I had my inspiration. My first idea was to use different colors of seed beads on the branches to represent the different seasons in the year, but after making the tree I decided that I just did not like how it looked once I got the chain made, so back to the drawing board I went.  Here is the final design... 


The Rose Quartz represents Spring, the green Jade represents Summer, the orange Carnelian represents Autumn, and the icy blue Aquamarine represents Winter.  I used silver wire as to not take away from the natural beauty of the stones.


I had several of the beads left from the chain I made so I wire wrapped a bracelet.  This is a very simple design that is very easy to make.

You can not have a full set with out earrings.  

  The whole set.  The neck chain is 22" long and has a lobster clasp.

Thank you Alicia for this great idea of bring together six of us talented ladies to join you in this adventure of creating something new each month with the package provided.  It was a joy creating with the Rose Quartz that you sent to me.

Next month is Cynthia's month her theme is "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, so be sure to come back next month and see what I created with the package Cynthia sent.

Now please go and visit my fellow CC7A members and see what they created with Alicia'a package.


1. Monique

3. Sally
4. Therese (you are here)
5. Alicia
6. Cynthia
7. Emma

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese


15 comments:

  1. Your wire working skills are looking fantastic, Therese! I love what you did with the cab. And, the necklace and bracelet and earrings are great accompaniments! I love the idea of representing the seasons with the bead colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Therese... I am so deeply humbled and honoured you wanted to use wire wrapping because of me... You created a beautiful set: I love the idea of a tree with seasons touches throughout. The colour mix is beautiful (isn't nature perfect?!) and the set will match with mostly everything, I love its versatility. We both tried new things thins month, funny. Thank you, Therese - it's lovely to have you part of the group (and I still owe you the April piece, it's coming!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect set for the seasons! I love how you mixed the stones, and that wire cab is awesome! I've been wanting to try the tree of life wire wrapping - you've done such an amazing job with it! and is the perfect way to center your set around the seasons. Just beautiful Therese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the Tree of Life wire wrappings - LOVE THEM, especially with the stone behind the Tree! You did a fabulous job! I have to say, that wrapping on that bracelet is SCHWEET!!! Love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Therese, This time you surprised me. I was expecting bead embroidery. Kudos to you for stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something totally different.Your wire working is great. I think that picking the tree of life to represent seasons was perfect. It was a clever idea to represent each of the seasons with a stone. Your set is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see a Tree of Life, I think, "I MUST learn that... someday!" This is the first time I have seen one over a gemstone, Therese... I am in love with it! Your set is lovely and your colour matches fresh and exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I may have to try a tree of life in front of a cab, too. Love how this accents the stone and adds interest to the whole piece. Fun to see a whole set of jewelry you can wear together or by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Therese! It must have been fun to use your new wire wrapping skills. I've always been a fan of anything with a tree of life symbol. The carnelian and jade are such pretty complements to the rose quartz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree of life is great. I also like your mixture of colors. What a fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First I'm so glad you took a photo of Alicia's pretty box! I kept forgetting, like every month I forget. oops. I love that you challenged yourself to learn some wire wrapping skills - and wow!! I really love the bracelet wire swirls and the idea of that pink happy sky in the background with the wire centre stage, it is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Therese ~ I have always loved the look of the wire trees on cabs and you really did a fabulous job on yours! It is hard to believe you are not a seasoned veteran in making these! The chain/bracelet/earrings all compliment the focal piece so beautifully. Gorgeous work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pieces. Love that bracelet. Would be a fun piece to wear this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome as usual!!!! I love how the colors come together! Excellent job!


    veradesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!! Therese, you did such a fantastic job with the wire work!! The wire tree is so beautifully organic, I love how it's a tree for all Seasons(represented by the beads). And the way you wrapped the beads in the bracelet, the wire outlines the beads and makes them pop perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool interpretation of the theme -- what's a more appropriate symbol of seasons passing than a tree? Your new whew working skills are looking good, too!

    ReplyDelete