Sunday, December 14, 2014

Whoops Blog Hop - Hosted by Cynthia of Antiquity Travelers Blog

Displaying Whoops Hop.png
Hi Y'all,

I know that I have not posted much in the past few months and I admit it is becoming a pattern, that I only post when I have a Challenge reveal.  I am going to get better in 2015.  Anyway yes I am posting, because a wonderful beady blogging friend, Cynthia Machata asked me, and others, if I would like to play around with some really huge balls, and being the type of woman I am, I of course said hell yeah!

The big balls are actually 16 MM gray glass pearls from Znet Shows, that Cynthia had left over from a previous challenge for Znet Shows, hence the name of the blog hop "Whoops", because she ordered to many not realizing how big they were when she ordered them. I forgot to take a before picture, but here is a picture of what Cynthia did with her pearls from the Znet Shows Challenge.

Displaying Pearls.png
I love this necklace it is so pretty and will go with just about anything dressed up or down!

When I got my package with the large glass pearls I knew right away what I was going to do, so I went to my stash and pulled out all of my gray glass pearls.  I had gray glass pearls in 3 mm, 4 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, and 14 mm in various shades of gray from very light to dark. Perfect I thought, but if y'all don't know me I am all about the Bling!, so I went to my crystal stash and pulled out as many of the same size Czech rounds in clear AB that I had to match the sizes of the pearls and what I did not have I purchased at my local bead store Enchanted Bead.  Now to decide on the color of the seed beads I wanted to use, so you guessed it, I went to my seed bead stash and pulled out my metallic colors of silver, hematite, bronze, and gold.  I laid each color beside the pearls and crystals and I chose the hematite seed beads in sizes 11 and 8.  The stitch I chose to create my piece with is the tubular net stitch.
Here is what I created...



      For the clasp I peyoted a loop using the size ll seed beads and I had some 2 mm clear AB Czech crystals that I went around the outside of the loop with and I used one of the 14 MM gray glass pearls as the other side of the clasp.

Here is a close up of the center of my necklace...


The first weekend in December was my Gem and Mineral Society's Gem and Mineral Show and I was working at the welcome desk.  Well to keep busy between greeting people to the show I was working on this necklace.  I had a lot of people, as well as club members, comment on the necklace and ask a lot of question about the stitch I was using and if I taught classes and so on.  I told them that I do teach  classes at the Enchanted Bead and I told them where the store was, so hopefully one or two will show up for a class or two.

Thank you Cynthia for asking me to play with these huge ball, Um I mean big glass pearls, I had a great time creating with them.
Thank you to Y'all for stopping by and visiting my blog, please leave a comment I love hearing what y'all have to say.
Now please stop by and show my fellow beady buddies a little love too.

18 comments:

  1. Love what you did with these big pearls. What a great piece. You are such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your necklace is gorgeous, Therese! I love how you use the different sizes and tubular netting to make this. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly! this is so YOU my friend! A little bling, a beaded rope and some big balls, ahem large pearls! LOL This is really fantastic and elegant in it's graduated pattern ... you can really rock it in this one! Thank you for playing along - I always love to see what you've beaded up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet this necklace worked up some business for your tutorial. . .it's GORGEOUS!! I love the mix of the pearls and the crystals, they flow so naturally together. It's an eye-catcher for sure. I bet it looks amazing on you. Your designs never fail to make me smile and ponder over all your talent. Great job with the big balls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Therese this is gorgeous....I don't think my words can express. you did yourself awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW! You all are certainly breathing some new life into Cynthia's pearls this morning! I am totally loving your combination of hematite and Bling! Fabulous design. (I've been an absent blogger, as well. We'll have to hold each other accountable to be better communicators in the New Year, Therese.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang, girl, this is GORGEOUS! I love that you brought the bling -- it's the perfect compliment to the soft glow of the glass beads. And the graduated sizes look like the necklace drape beautifully. As always, you make me think, "dang, I wish I could have done something this beautiful!" (From one lapsed blogger to another, thank goodness for challenges to get us up off our bloggy butts!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous darling.. just gorgeous!! Wedding party perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Therese! How fantastic that you had the silver pearls in so many sizes. You will get a lot of wear out of this elegant necklace. It must sparkle so beautifully with the crystals worked in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so Classically, Beautifully You, my friend! Wow ~ no doubt people will come to the shop to take a class with you to learn how to make this gorgeous, blingy statement necklace! It made me smile that you have grey pearls in all those sizes :-) Shades of Grey is a perfect piece to wear to ward off the winter blues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turned out WONDERFULLY! (Of course!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you've done with those beads Therese. I would have struggled with such big beads I think, you've created a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Therese! So elegant, with the tone on tone effect and allowing the change of scale to take center stage.

    People would be so lucky to take a class from you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Therese, Your necklace is beautiful. You really rocked those pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one stitch I've not tried yet, and now I need some big balls! I love the graduation in the sizing, it really shows of the beauty of the stitch. I am in awe of your work girl, and looking forward to hanging out with you in some challenges in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool! I love the ornaments and especially the peacock feather. Hope the challenge went well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Net stitch one of my favorites. Love how you have captured the pearls and partnered them with crystals and sb. Lovely piece

    ReplyDelete